Welcome to Crazy for COWS (sm)! We celebrate bovines
of all shapes and sizes. Mooooooo! Cattle lovers... come join the herd!
Do you have a great cow photo to share? If so
contact Chief Cow. Thanks!
Cow Names: What's your favorite?
Who's the biggest cow fan? Back for a LIMITED TIME!
Vote or add yourself to the list...
Ahhh, cows... What's not to like about cows?
Take the Moo Challenge -- all our cow
games and quizzes are on one page, including CowPie!
From the Cow mailbox:
Collector's Weekly filters eBay auctions, and
recently added a cow collectors topic (cow pottery, milk signs, cookie
jars, etc.). Here's the link:
Collector's Weekly Cows
Cow T-shirts and sweatshirts:
More Cow T-shirts and sweatshirts...
Other fun cow stuff:
Stickers, ornaments, and boxes
|This bovine would be a fun cow to have at your next moo party:
Type: Stand Up
Size: 65 x 42 (inches)
Is there anything better than looking
at cows all day? Cow "art" is always a great gift for a cow-fan.
allposters.com has hundreds of cow posters, prints, magnets, and notecards.
Type: Art Print
Size: 12.5 x 11.5 (inches)
Title: Antique Cow IV
Artist: Julian Bien
Type: Art Print
Size: 9.5 x 13 (inches)
Artist: Jacques Bosse
Type: Art Print
Size: 11.8 x 9.44 (inches)
Plus we have some additional
fun gift ideas. Something for everyone!
Clive sent these pictures of calves at the University, and a of bovine that is certainly not a calf:
Different pose of cuteness
24 hours old
Bull from Hulse Farm, Lach Dennis, Cheshire
Clive shared this photo of a little bull calf, less than a week old:
Clive and Madoncows would like to introduce Sir George:
Sir George wants a closer look
Or a sniff
Clive shared two photos of a two-day old heifer:
Audrey, who had shared photos of her old cow car, had to get a new one. She
writes, "I had let the COW CAR go to pasture, but it took me several months taking off everything on my old town car to put on the new town car 2001. But we did it with help from many friends and the Military -- we got her back on the road. Bette had a complete make over and the cow car is flasher than ever. She moo's and has many other sounds too. I had the other car for almost ten years and we are hoping for the same with this one...I made her a tribute to Bette."
Donna also sent some photos of the new cow car...
See all our
(All guest cows that have appeared on the homepage
are on one of the guest cows pages, always available for you to enjoy.)
Creamie, Big Mama, Rosie, Cinder, Trixie
Quick Cow facts:
Do cows have horns? Yes, female bovines almost always have horns. While
some cows are naturally polled (which means horn-free), the majority have their
horns removed when they are calves to make them safer to handle. So, YES,
cows can indeed have horns!
Oreo cookie cows? Yes, there are "belted" bovines out there!
More cow facts!
- The Tarentaise originated in France, a descendant of native cattle found around the Isere River in eastern France.
- The Watusi has the biggest horns -- the horns' spread can reach up to 8 feet across, and the diameter of the horns at the base can be as large as 8 inches.
- The Canadienne is a black or dark brown color, often with a paler muzzle, sizes, and belly.
- The Chianina is the largest cow (or bull for that matter).
- The White Park is an all white cow with black points -- black ears, nose, hoofs, rims of the eyes, and teats, but not the tail switch.
- Seen any "oreo cookie" cows? Dutch Belted and Belted Galloways are two breeds that are black with a wide white belt around the middle.
- Brahman cows stand about 4 feet high at the withers (not including the hump), and weigh an average of 1200-1300 pounds.
- A cow's heart beats between 60 and 70 beats per minute.
Chief Cow would like to know who visits this site. Please take a few
seconds and choose the selection that most closely represents you.
Search this site:
You may also want to visit:
Last updated: April 25, 2015
This site has been online since December, 1999