Welcome to Crazy for COWS (sm)! We celebrate bovines
of all shapes and sizes. Mooooooo! Cattle lovers... come join the herd!
Do you have a great cow photo to share? If so
contact Chief Cow. Thanks!
Cow Names: What's your favorite?
Who's the biggest cow fan? Back for a LIMITED TIME!
Vote or add yourself to the list...
Ahhh, cows... What's not to like about cows?
Take the Moo Challenge -- all our cow
games and quizzes are on one page, including CowPie!
From the Cow mailbox:
Collector's Weekly filters eBay auctions, and
recently added a cow collectors topic (cow pottery, milk signs, cookie
jars, etc.). Here's the link:
Collector's Weekly Cows
Cow T-shirts and sweatshirts:
More Cow T-shirts and sweatshirts...
Other fun cow stuff:
Stickers, ornaments, and boxes
|This bovine would be a fun cow to have at your next moo party:
Type: Stand Up
Size: 65 x 42 (inches)
Is there anything better than looking
at cows all day? Cow "art" is always a great gift for a cow-fan.
allposters.com has hundreds of cow posters, prints, magnets, and notecards.
Title: Alert Cows
Size: 18 x 12 (inches)
Title: Early Fall
Artist: Michael Workman
Type: Art Print
Size: 24 x 30 (inches)
Title: Home on the Range
Artist: Anthony Morrow
Type: Art Print
Size: 6 x 6 (inches)
Plus we have some additional
fun gift ideas. Something for everyone!
Audrey, who had shared photos of her old cow car, had to get a new one. She
writes, "I had let the COW CAR go to pasture, but it took me several months taking off everything on my old town car to put on the new town car 2001. But we did it with help from many friends and the Military -- we got her back on the road. Bette had a complete make over and the cow car is flasher than ever. She moo's and has many other sounds too. I had the other car for almost ten years and we are hoping for the same with this one...I made her a tribute to Bette."
MadonCows sent this photo of a new born Holstein:
Newborn at The Orchard Farm, Twemlow, Cheshire, UK
Two super photos from MadonCows. These are of Highlands at Tatton Hall,
Moston, Cheshire UK:
Testing their mettle
More from MadonCows!!
Hawksmoor Herd at the Hawksmoor Farm, Adderly, Shropshire, UK
More Hawksmoor Herd
Madoncows and -- the cows!
I'm curious but I'm not getting up
Audrey, who runs a rescue organization,
www.potbellymanor.org, has a
really cool cow car (which we've featured before, but here is a new photo):
Audrey had a cow named Bette for many years, who sadly passed away at just
over 12 years. Audrey had her from a baby and has buried Bette on her farm.
She's kept the cow car in her memory.
She also rescued a baby bull and trained him for parades, where he walks
in front of the cow car. His name is Sir Wickford and his trainer is
At the Memorial Day Parade in Wickford
A couple of pictures Clive sent of the Stock Judging Event with the
Western Holstein Club in the UK. (It was held at Joseph Heler Farms,
Audlem, Cheshire, UK -- famous for its cheese.)
Time to look good
On the mooove
See all our
(All guest cows that have appeared on the homepage
are on one of the guest cows pages, always available for you to enjoy.)
Quick Cow facts:
Do cows have horns? Yes, female bovines almost always have horns. While
some cows are naturally polled (which means horn-free), the majority have their
horns removed when they are calves to make them safer to handle. So, YES,
cows can indeed have horns!
Oreo cookie cows? Yes, there are "belted" bovines out there!
More cow facts!
- Modern domestic cattle are believed to belong to either the species Bos taurus (Holstein, Jersey, Guernsey, Brown Swiss, for example), or the species Bos indicus which are humped cattle like the Red Sindhi. Some cattle are a cross between these two species.
- Bos indicus type cattle have several features that distinguish them from European cattle: long, pendulous ears, a hump over the shoulder and neck area, and a large throatlatch and dewlap which have a lot of excess skin.
- A 1,000 pound cow makes about 10 tons of manure a year, on average.
- A cow stands up and lies down about 14 times a day.
- The Dutch Belted is a black cow with a white "belt." Their history is a bit unclear before the 1600s. A few records and paintings show belted cows grazing on the estates of Dutch nobility before this time.
- The Watusi has the biggest horns -- the horns' spread can reach up to 8 feet across, and the diameter of the horns at the base can be as large as 8 inches.
- Holsteins are typically white cows with big, black spots that usually cover 50% of the cow's body.
- There are an estimated 920 cow breeds in the world!
Chief Cow would like to know who visits this site. Please take a few
seconds and choose the selection that most closely represents you.
Search this site:
You may also want to visit:
Last updated: February 22, 2015
This site has been online since December, 1999