Welcome to Crazy for COWS (sm)! We celebrate bovines
of all shapes and sizes. Mooooooo! Cattle lovers... come join the herd!
Do you have a great cow photo to share? If so
contact Chief Cow. Thanks!
Cow Names: What's your favorite?
Who's the biggest cow fan? Back for a LIMITED TIME!
Vote or add yourself to the list...
Ahhh, cows... What's not to like about cows?
Take the Moo Challenge -- all our cow
games and quizzes are on one page, including CowPie!
From the Cow mailbox:
Collector's Weekly filters eBay auctions, and
recently added a cow collectors topic (cow pottery, milk signs, cookie
jars, etc.). Here's the link:
Collector's Weekly Cows
Cow T-shirts and sweatshirts:
More Cow T-shirts and sweatshirts...
Other fun cow stuff:
Stickers, ornaments, and boxes
|This bovine would be a fun cow to have at your next moo party:
Type: Stand Up
Size: 65 x 42 (inches)
Is there anything better than looking
at cows all day? Cow "art" is always a great gift for a cow-fan.
allposters.com has hundreds of cow posters, prints, magnets, and notecards.
Title: Dairy Cow
Type: Art Print
Size: 12.5 x 18 (inches)
Title: White Man's Buffalo
Artist: Charles Marion Russell
Type: Giclee Print
Size: 8 x 10 (inches)
Title: Bull Throwing Rodeo Rider
Size: 12 x 18 (inches)
Plus we have some additional
fun gift ideas. Something for everyone!
MadonCows sent this photo of a new born Holstein:
Newborn at The Orchard Farm, Twemlow, Cheshire, UK
Two super photos from MadonCows. These are of Highlands at Tatton Hall,
Moston, Cheshire UK:
Testing their mettle
More from MadonCows!!
Hawksmoor Herd at the Hawksmoor Farm, Adderly, Shropshire, UK
More Hawksmoor Herd
Madoncows and -- the cows!
I'm curious but I'm not getting up
Audrey, who runs a rescue organization,
www.potbellymanor.org, has a
really cool cow car (which we've featured before, but here is a new photo):
Audrey had a cow named Bette for many years, who sadly passed away at just
over 12 years. Audrey had her from a baby and has buried Bette on her farm.
She's kept the cow car in her memory.
She also rescued a baby bull and trained him for parades, where he walks
in front of the cow car. His name is Sir Wickford and his trainer is
At the Memorial Day Parade in Wickford
A couple of pictures Clive sent of the Stock Judging Event with the
Western Holstein Club in the UK. (It was held at Joseph Heler Farms,
Audlem, Cheshire, UK -- famous for its cheese.)
Time to look good
On the mooove
See all our
(All guest cows that have appeared on the homepage
are on one of the guest cows pages, always available for you to enjoy.)
From Daniel in Quebec's Eastern Township:
What sort of cows are we?
Quick Cow facts:
Do cows have horns? Yes, female bovines almost always have horns. While
some cows are naturally polled (which means horn-free), the majority have their
horns removed when they are calves to make them safer to handle. So, YES,
cows can indeed have horns!
Oreo cookie cows? Yes, there are "belted" bovines out there!
More cow facts!
- The Hereford is the oldest of all beef breeds. They were first formed in Herefordshire, England, in 1742 by Benjamin Tomkins.
- The Canadienne is a black or dark brown color, often with a paler muzzle, sizes, and belly.
- The Dutch Belted is a black cow with a white "belt." Their history is a bit unclear before the 1600s. A few records and paintings show belted cows grazing on the estates of Dutch nobility before this time.
- The average weight of a Milking Shorthorn cow is 1,400 pounds.
- Milk is an emulsion (a suspension of small particles of one liquid in another where the two liquids do not mix) of fat and protein in water, along with dissolved sugars (carbohydrates), minerals, and vitamins.
- The Chianina is the largest cow (or bull for that matter).
- Milking Shorthorns are usually red on their backs, sides, and faces, with white stomachs, but they can be all red, all white, or roan.
- The White Park is an all white cow with black points -- black ears, nose, hoofs, rims of the eyes, and teats, but not the tail switch.
Chief Cow would like to know who visits this site. Please take a few
seconds and choose the selection that most closely represents you.
Search this site:
You may also want to visit:
Last updated: June 16, 2014
This site has been online since December, 1999