Copyright 1999-2015 by crazyforCOWS (SM)
2. What is the name for cows of European descent?
Bos euros Bos gallicus Bos celticos Bos taurus Bos iberias
3. Which breed has the richest milk with the highest percentage of butterfat and protein?
Holstein Brown Swiss Guernsey Jersey Ayrshire
4. The switch is on what part of the cow?
neck tail back stomach leg
5. 10 gallons of milk weights about how many pounds?
10 pounds 25 pounds 40 pounds 50 pounds 60 pounds
6. A cow's hoof is made up of what substance?
keratin homatatin fortin ungulatin korasin
7. Which breed is named for its county of origin?
Ayrshire Red Sindhi Dexter White Park Milking Shorthorn
8. Which breed has the biggest horns?
Texas Longhorn Red Sindhi Watusi Brahman White Park
9. Which is NOT one of the cow's stomachs?
rumen reticulum barisulum omasum abomasum
10. Which breed generates the most milk?
Jersey Holstein Guernsey Brown Swiss Milking Shorthorn