Copyright 1999-2015 by crazyforCOWS (SM)
2. Which breed has the richest milk with the highest percentage of butterfat and protein?
Holstein Brown Swiss Guernsey Jersey Ayrshire
3. The switch is on what part of the cow?
neck tail back stomach leg
4. Which breed has the biggest horns?
Texas Longhorn Red Sindhi Watusi Brahman White Park
5. Which breed is named for its county of origin?
Ayrshire Red Sindhi Dexter White Park Milking Shorthorn
6. Which breed generates the most milk?
Jersey Holstein Guernsey Brown Swiss Milking Shorthorn
7. What is the name for cows of European descent?
Bos euros Bos gallicus Bos celticos Bos taurus Bos iberias
8. A cow's hoof is made up of what substance?
keratin homatatin fortin ungulatin korasin
9. A 1,000 pound cow produces how much manure per year, on average?
1 ton 5 tons 10 tons 25 tons 100 tons
10. Which is NOT one of the cow's stomachs?
rumen reticulum barisulum omasum abomasum